BioEdge® Edgebanding is ideal for tables, office work stations or cabinetry.
BioEdge® Edgebanding is both a process and a product solution eliminating the use of oil and harmful chemicals, no longer needed to manufacture edgebanding. It’s a complete bio-replacement for PVC and ABS edgeband. BioEdge® Edgebanding is formulated from BioBest®, a patented proprietary plastic material made from sugar cane. BioPlastic Solutions’ products using BioBest™ bio resin are produced with 83%+ or greater of a proprietary bio-based resin blend, quickly making it the leading “green” solution in the industry and number one choice with our partners.Sizes and ColorsOur Green MaterialFAQ
BioEdge® is a competitively priced alternative with a deep commitment eco-friendly, sustainability. Utilizing renewable resources such as corn or sugar cane grown domestically or abroad, BioEdge® is a manufacturing salute to locally sourced raw materials.
BioEdge® is the leading “green” edgebanding solution
Durable Plastic Edgebanding from Plants, Not Oil.
This biobased plastic alternative to PVC or ABS edgebanding is made from BioBest® Biopolymer. A tough and durable proprietary material, impervious to moisture and mechanically and thermally stable with a low smoke index. This product contains no known hazardous chemicals and emits no known toxic VOC’s.®
Bio-Edge material may be recycled or disposed of in an environmentally safe manner providing an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional PVC edgebanding. Bio-Edge material is applied using standard edgebanding application equipment and adhesives so there is no extra work necessary or additional materials needed. Best of all, BioEdge® is competitively priced with PVC or ABS edgebanding.
BioEdge Edgebanding is Environmentally Friendly and Healthy
- Perfect for new or refurbished furniture or cabinets.
- Enhances “green” projects and health sensitive facilities such as schools, hospitals, universities, hotels, senior centers, and restaurants.
- Supports LEED® certified projects in categories of rapidly renewable (MR6) and low emitting (EQ4.5) materials. Support in other categories may be available depending on the specific project.
- Submitted to the United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) for inclusion in its “BioPreferred” labeling program.
- 88% biobased carbon content independently tested to ASTM D6866 standard. USDA’s minimum bio content requirement is set at 25% or greater.