From conceptual drawings to finished products, we listen to our clients and custom make plastic extrusions to fit their needs.
A dual-extrusion is the combination of two different thermoplastic materials as a single profile. The materials used for dual-extrusion must have compatible physical and chemical properties in order to flow together and create homogeneous or mechanical bonds.
Learn more about dual-extrusion
As the name implies, a tri-extrusion is a combination of three dissimilar materials that are bonded to form a single profile. Tri-extrusion is usually done with vinyl materials and reflects one of the following combinations:
- One rigid and two flexible components.
- One rigid component and a combination of semi-rigid and flexible materials.
- One rigid and two semi-rigid components.
- Flexible or semi-rigid PVC may be used as a protective capping layer. This layer prevents loss of color or glossiness during exposure to the sun and weather. The other two parts of this type of tri-extrusion perform the same functions as the materials in a dual-extrusion.
Learn more about tri-extrusion
Materials expand and contract in length when exposed to changing temperatures. For some materials, the amount of movement can be substantial. That’s why it is essential to account for movement in the final part application, part fabrication and inspection.
See our chart on how to calculate movement:
Amorphous plastics are for structural applications only (not suitable for bearing and wear).
- Soften over a broad range of temperature
- Easy to thermoform
- Tend to be translucent or transparent
- Bond well using adhesives and solvents
- Prone to stress cracking
- Poor fatigue resistance
- Poor chemical resistance
Semi-Crystalline plastics are good for bearing & wear as well as structural applications.
- Sharp melting point
- Difficult to thermoform
- Tend to be opaque
- Good resistance to stress cracking
- Difficult to bond using adhesives and solvents
- Good fatigue resistance
- Good chemical resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
Our mission is to form a lasting partnership with our valued customers by understanding their challenges and creating solutions that address their needs. For more than 20 years our team has been providing exceptional service to our regional, national, and international clients.